The scientific name of steroids is called “adrenal cortex”. Normal human adrenal glands secrete a certain amount of steroids every day to maintain normal physiological functions in the body, such as regulating blood sugar, protein, fat, and electrolyte metabolism. It is essential for life support. Important hormones. Clinically, steroids are good drugs, which can be widely used to treat many incurable diseases, including: some cancer treatment or adjuvant therapy, cerebral edema, chronic lung disease, rheumatism, asthma, lungs in premature infants. Mature, skin disease, and meningitis treatment aids, etc.; and it does alleviate many of the symptoms, so that the symptoms are temporarily relieved, so people call it the American immortal, as its name suggests, its effect is very good, like the immortal, but There are still some things to be aware of when using.
Indications for steroids in rheumatic diseases:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus,
- systemic dermatomyositis,
- articular ankylosing spondylitis,
- acute or subacute bursitis,
- dry arthritis,
- rheumatoid arthritis,
- acute gouty arthritis and supracondylar inflammation,
- severe allergies, etc.
Possible side effects of steroid use
- Appetite may increase.
- the spirit may be excited, may be insomnia.
- the skin may be acne or acne.
- Hair may become darker or thicker than before.
- Blood sugar and blood pressure may increase slightly.
- When taking it for a long time, the face, shoulders and limbs may be slightly swollen.
- because steroid drugs will reduce immunity, more susceptible to infection.
- long-term use also has the risk of osteoporosis.
- You should take the medicine according to the doctor’s instructions. Do not adjust the dose or stop taking it at will, otherwise it will affect the treatment effect.
- the next day after stopping the drug, you may feel weak, or even uncomfortable, and the symptoms will gradually disappear after a few days.
- do not take the medicine on an empty stomach, in order to avoid stomach discomfort.
- if you have high blood pressure or diabetes, you should always measure blood pressure and blood sugar, adjust medication.
- steroids do not affect the kidneys, some people after the moon face has nothing to do with the kidney, but related to changes in fat distribution. If there is a phenomenon of body edema, it is related to the retention of water caused by steroids. At this time, it is necessary to pay attention to reducing the intake of salt in the diet. 6, try to avoid entering and leaving public places to reduce the chance of infection.
The habits of Chinese people who like to take medicine to supplement themselves are well known. However, any medicine has its hidden side effects. People have unclear powders, black pills, even incense sticks, water, and so on. Need to be vigilant, so in the past experience, supplements or finished medicines are most often tested for steroids. Steroids are not a “poison” that can’t be avoided. Of course, it should not be used as a cure for the disease. Especially for short-term use, it is not prone to side effects, but if you use it yourself, you will definitely There are a lot of problems, so steroids are prescribed by doctors, and they are not prescribed by a doctor. You can never buy them yourself.